Kristina Otterstrom


Kristina Otterstrom is a member of the Utah State Bar and her legal practice focuses on divorce, child custody and adoption. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa and summa cum laude from Texas A&M University with a degree in Journalism. She subsequently received her JD from Brigham Young University’s J. Reuben Clark Law School.  

Kristina has been published in the Utah Bar Journal and writes on a variety of topics including child support, custody, and the financial aspects of divorce.  

You can also find Kristina at:

Articles By Kristina Otterstrom

What If Your Spouse Won't Sign the Divorce Papers?
I've filed for divorce, completed the paperwork, but my spouse won't sign or answer the divorce papers. What are my options? Will the judge allow me to go on with the divorce without my spouse's cooperation?
The Basics of Annulment in Ohio
Overview of Annulment Much like a traditional divorce, an annulment ends a marriage. However, an annulment is a legal proceeding that goes even further by declaring a marriage invalid or void through a court order. In some cases, it’s as if the marriage never happened. This article focuses only on
Uncontested Divorce in Iowa
If you're beginning a divorce and you're already dreading the expense and the emotional turmoil of the process, take heart—you might be able to avoid most or all of it if you're a candidate for what’s known as an “uncontested divorce.”
Uncontested Divorce in Maine
Learn more about the uncontested divorce process in Maine.
Child Support in Montana
Learn more about how judges determine child support in Montana.
Uncontested Divorce in Illinois
Learn about the process of uncontested divorce in Illinois.
Uncontested Divorce in Maryland
Learn the difference between a contested and uncontested divorce, how to get a "mutual consent" divorce in Maryland, how else you can try to obtain an uncontested divorce if you don’t meet the requirements for mutual consent divorce.
Illinois Divorce: Dividing Property
Find out how marital property is distributed in an Illinois divorce case.
Uncontested Divorce in Massachusetts
Learn more about the process of uncontested, "no-fault 1A divorce" in Massachusetts.
New York Child Custody Laws
If you're a parent going through a separation or divorce, custody may become a challenging issue for you. Continue reading to learn more about the custody laws in New York.